Code of Conduct
To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable time at Auckland Roleplaying Guild events or those events organised through the Auckland Roleplaying Guild, we have adopted the Code of Conduct outlined here. Our goal is to develop and maintain a standard of behaviour that supports a safe, inclusive, equitable, and respectful community for all of our members.
Like our university, we share a zero tolerance policy for discrimination or harassment of any kind.
By being a part of the Auckland Roleplaying Guild, we agree to:
- Show respect, care, and support for others, and act with kindness and hospitality
- Listen to committee member and game organiser instructions
- Behave in a reasonable way
- Treat the public with courtesy and respect
- Abide by all New Zealand laws, and any local by-laws while participating in any event
- Look after the event venue, clean up, and put rubbish and recycling in appropriate bins
This means that we do not:
- Bully, harass, or discriminate against others
- Engage in purposefully offensive or personal attacks against others, whether physical or non-physical
- Behave aggressively, violently or in ways that make others feel unsafe or unwelcome
- Abuse any power we have over others by virtue of the position or status we hold as part of the Auckland Roleplaying Guild
Non-compliance with this Code of Conduct will result in a warning, and potentially being asked to leave the event. If warranted, further disciplinary action by the Auckland Roleplaying Guild will be implemented, such as being banned from future events.
If you experience any such behaviour from one of our members or a guest attending one of our events, you are encouraged to contact the President to seek resolutions or to lodge a complaint. All such contact will be confidential. If the president is unavailable, you are welcome to contact other members of the committee. Reach out at any time to our Facebook page or to [email protected], or speak to a committe member in person at any time.